Thomas J. Addesa
email@example.com (614) 221-0944 x124
- Domestic – Divorce and Dissolution
- Domestic Partnership; Co-parenting; LGBT Family Issues
- Criminal, Traffic and DUI/OVI
- Civil Litigation
- Licensure Representation & Selected Administrative Review/Appeal Matters
- Mediation and Arbitration
Thomas J. Addesa began his legal career in 1985 as an Assistant Prosecutor for the City of Columbus, Ohio. In that that role he conducted nearly 100 jury trials. In 1990 he was appointed Assistant City Attorney in the Civil Litigation Section for the Columbus City Attorney’s Office.
Mr. Addesa joined the present law firm of Artz, Dewhirst & Wheeler, LLP in 1998 with a primary focus in litigating Family Law including co-parenting. In 2005, Tom obtained a specialty certification in family law and has maintained his credentials as an Ohio State Bar Association Certified Family Relations Law Specialist.
Due to his extensive criminal and traffic experience, he continues to provide representation for clients charged with criminal and traffic offenses. He also provides mediation services to individuals with a variety of legal issues, including divorce and family law issues, who seek to resolve disputes outside of the court system. Tom’s 16 years of litigation experience allow him to zealously advocate and protect his clients’ rights, and his lengthy experience as a mediator allows him to assist parties in resolving their disputes without resorting to the litigation process.
Tom is an Adjunct Professor at Capital University Law School in Columbus, Ohio approved to teach Divorce Mediation and Mediation Clinic. Tom was a trainer for the Ohio Governor’s Commission on Dispute Resolution 1988, and he is on the Franklin County Domestic and Juvenile Court approved list of mediators.
BAR ADMISSIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- State of Ohio Bar, 1985
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association.
- Ohio State Bar Association Certified Family Relations Law Specialist 2005
- Board Member of the City of Columbus, Charitable Solicitations Board
- University of Scranton (1981) – a B.S. in Public Administration
- Capital University Law School (1985) – Juris Doctorate degree
Tom is originally from Buffalo, New York, and he has resided in Columbus, Ohio since 1982. Tom currently lives in the Merion Village area of Columbus, Ohio.