Merisa K. Bowers
Merisa grew up in Canton, Ohio, always an advocate for justice and fairness and born problem-solver. The practice of law was exactly the right fit.
Putting her natural advocacy to work, Merisa succeeded in launching her law practice in the midst of the Recession in Cincinnati in 2010, relocating to Central Ohio in 2012. She joined Artz, Dewhirst & Wheeler, LLP as Of Counsel on April 1, 2021.
Merisa has had the honor of being mentored by some of Ohio’s top litigators, including Heather G. & Beatrice K. Sowald, Terry Gilbert & Gordon Friedman, Alphonse Gerhardstein, and Kenneth J. Hawley.
Merisa and her family are proud and active residents of Gahanna, where they enjoy lots of time at area parks. In addition to the practice of law, Merisa serves on the City Council for Gahanna as an At-Large Member.
Bar Admissions and Memberships
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
- Juris Doctor (cum laude) (2009)
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Bachelor of Arts with Departmental Honors (2005)
- Gahanna Area Chamber of Commerce
- National LGBT Bar Association, Family Law Institute Member
- Ohio State Bar Association (no longer active)
- Columbus Bar Association
- Central Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (no longer active, but past president 2015-2016)
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (no longer active)
- Ohio State Bar Association 2012 Bar College Member
- 2013-2014 Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- National LGBT Bar Association’s Top 40 under 40, 2016
- 2019 and 2021 Ohio Rising Star, SuperLawyers
- AVVO 10.0 Rating
- Divorce & Dissolution
- Civil Protection Orders
- Parental Rights & Responsibilities
- Grandparents’ Rights
- Criminal Defense